Boryszew, the largest Polish automotive manufacturer, has concluded works related to the launch of the plant in Prenzlau. On 19 April 2017, a batch production of plastic galvanised automotive components officially started. The value of the project was EUR 22 million which makes it one of the largest Polish greenfield projects in Germany.
Boryszew has concluded a project in German town of Prenzlau that is the key to the growth of the automotive segment. In the hall of approx. 14.5 thousand m2, one of the most modern technological lines in Europe has been created, intended for galvanisation of plastic parts, with a capacity of 400 thousand m2 of galvanised surface per year. The components manufactured in it will go to Volkswagen, Audi, BMW, Daimler, and Toyota cars.
“Our new plant in Prenzlau will have a very important role in terms of the implementation of the assumption of the automotive segment growth,” says Jarosław Michniuk, the President of the Management Board of Boryszew S.A. “We are increasing the production capacity in terms of galvanised products by four times and the efficiency by using extremely high abilities of our employees and the latest production solutions,” the CEO of Boryszew adds.
“I am glad that the construction works went extremely smoothly,” says Lutz Suhrbier, the manager of the Prenzlau plant. “Boryszew is one of the largest employers in the region, therefore, it was important for us to quickly finish the investment process. There had been only 13 months from the completion of the necessary project documents to obtaining the full production capacity.”
The most important information about the Boryszew Group plant in Prenzlau
• Name of the plant: Boryszew Oberflächentechnik Deutschland GmbH
• Location: Prenzlau (Prenzlau Nord), Brandenburg, Germany
• Plant profile: factory of plastic parts with a galvanisation line for the automotive segment.
• Plant activity: production of decorative galvanised plastic components as the first equipment for car manufacturers (OEM)
• The specificity of the product: highly specialised products, both due to the process of manufacturing technology and their application in individual car models.
• Production technology:
injection process—25 injection moulding machines of varying mould closing power (40-700t) and size of the produced parts
galvanisation process—Atotech galvanisation line
• Plant customers: Volkswagen, Audi, BMW, Daimler, Toyota
• Investment value: EUR 22 million
• Financing of the investment:
EUR 10 million—loan from Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego
EUR 8 million—own funds
EUR 4 million—grant from ILB (Investitionsbank des Landes Brandenburg)
• Investment parameters:
Lot size: 44 thousand m2
Plant size: 14.5 thousand m2
Galvanisation line performance: 400 thousand m per year
Employment: 350 persons